[+]What is included in the apartment?
Each apartment is fully furnished and equipped with a complete appliance package. Within each apartment there is a kitchen, dining/living area, four private bedrooms, and two bathrooms.
The bedroom furniture package includes:
♦ Full-size bed with mattress
The dining/living area furniture package includes:
♦ Upholstered couch
♦ Upholstered chair
♦ End table
♦ Dining table and chairs
♦ Entertainment center
The appliance package includes:
♦ Garbage disposal
Other Amenities Included with rent:
♦ High speed internet
♦ Basic plus cable in bedrooms and living room
♦ Central air conditioning
♦ Heat, water, sewer, gas
♦ Garbage disposal
♦ Community Center with game room, fitness area, cyber lounge, TV room.
♦ Nintendo Wii/PS3 for use in the community center
[+]What are the rules?
Students living at University Ridge Apartments are held to the ESU Student Code of Conduct found in the student handbook.
[+]Can I have a car?
Yes, all residents of University Ridge can have a vehicle and park it at University Ridge.
[+]Who is eligible to live at the Ridge?
Any ESU student who is not a first year freshman. Transfer freshmen up to graduate students are welcome!
[+]Am I responsible for damages in the common areas of the apartment?
Yes, unless someone takes responsibility for a particular damage or cleaning charge. In the event that we do not know who is responsible for damage, all residents will be charged equally. We do not know who used which bathrooms so they too are considered common area and split in four ways.
[+]How do I move out?
You need to move out by the date mentioned on your contract but you can move out any time before that during normal office hours. Note: you are still responsible for all your payments regardless of your move out date.
In order to move out:
- Remove all your belongings from the apartment.
- Clean and arrange the apartment as you received it.
- Lock your window, bedroom door and apartment door upon leaving.
- Check your mailbox.
- Fill out a mail forwarding card with the local post office.
- Bring all four keys to the office during office hours and sign in your keys.
- You may want to wait until the last day of your contract to make sure the apartment is in the condition you would like it to be. Moving out earlier than your roommates prevents you from having the ability to check the condition and may result in charges you did not expect.
- You can schedule an unofficial walk through of your apartment at least 24 hours in advance with professional staff to receive suggestions of what to do in the apartment before moving out.
- Any common area damage will be split between all roommates unless the person or persons responsible let us know in writing. Note: both bathrooms are considered common space, and we do not know who used which during the year.
[+]Is University Ridge a part of ESU housing?
Yes, we have been and will always be one of the housing options at ESU.